Monday, March 3, 2008

My First Blog

Well, I guess I am officially in on the blog trend.  I have been repeatedly encouraged by my brother-in-law to take the dive.  He's promised me that it is sooo easy so here I am.  Please don't expect too much from my blogs they will probably just be updates on Eli's development and the new adventures of Jeff, Edi and Blitz as we continue to adjust to being parents and a family of four (which has been awesome by the way!).  Also, please excuse my poor grammar as far as commas and semi-colon's go...I have always been horrible with writing. So what's new with us....

Jeff has recently transitioned to his new status in the military which is a weird spin on Active Duty Reserves.  For those of you who don't know, we will be staying in the military and in the Pensacola, FL area for the next 3 years, and Jeff will continue to train new pilots flying the T-34 trainer.  Also, in April Jeff will be up for a promotion to Lt. Commander in the Navy.  Please pray that God's hand will be on the board and that Jeff's professional efforts will be rewarded.  Anway, this opportunity to
 stay in the P'cola area has been such a blessing.  We have been able to relax for the past year knowing that Jeff has a job.  This probably doesn't make sense to non-military but many of our friends are wondering what their future holds now
 that their military commitments are up. They are worrying about selling their homes, job interviews, where they will live, etc. and we have been free from much of the anxiety our friends are dealing with.  Thank you Lord for your providence and that you are totally in control of our short-term and long-term futures.  It is so amazing when you realize that you are not in control and can look back and see how God has worked and moved in you life.  Okay enough about Jeff's job..

So now on to Eli...Eli  is just a blessing!  He is 9 mos now which I cannot believe!  Time has flown by and I know that we have had
 hard times but they just get overrun by all the good in our lives.  Eli is still toothless, is saying dada (and if I try to encourage mama he just smiles and says dada some more), is finally sort of crawling using an inchworm like move, and can stand for a few seconds holding on to something.  He smiles and giggles most of the time and I will never get tired of watching, holding and kissing him.  He's turning in to quite the little flirt and best buddy to Blitz our pup.  Blitz loves all the treats he gets from Eli during meals and has started to bring toys over to Eli for playtime.  Its so funny to watch the two of them.  At first Blitz wanted no part of Eli but he's definitely warming up to him.    

Well, I guess that is a good introductory blog.  I'm sure I won't be as insightful as Allison but I will try to update the blog on a regular basis.  Have a great day!

2 comments:

hodge said...

welcome to the blog world. This is awesome!!!

allison said...

I love it!!! yeah Edi is blogging!!