Wednesday, March 19, 2008

We're Back!

Sorry it has been so long since I have updated the blog.  We were out of town last week to celebrate our niece Caroline's 1st Birthday and to celebrate our anniversary.  Five years I can't believe it!  We had a lot of fun at the party it was all green because Caroline is a St. Patrick's Day baby.  The party allowed us the opportunity to spend time with Jason, Allison and Caroline as well as Jeff's cousins which we don't get to do enough. Jeff also planned a little escape for the two of us on Saturday night which was so much fun.  I spent my first night away from Eli (well other than my appendix removal but that doesn't count) and I was very proud of myself.  I wanted to call Eli's Mimi and check on him but as it turned out Jeff called her instead.  It was strange being without him but a much enjoyed mini-vacation from being mommy.

On a slightly different note, most of you know that last Friday two of the pilots in Jeff's old squadron were killed in a plane crash.  One was an instructor (David Yaggy) and one a student(Alexander Prezioso).  The instructor left behind a wife(Erin) and a little girl (Elizabeth, 18 mos) as well as his parents/siblings etc.  The student we don't know too much about but we do know he wasn't married but leaves behind his parents and a sister, etc.  Please pray for these families.  It will be several months before they know what happened if ever.  I have been told that the instructor's wife is a Christian and overall is doing okay.  I did not know the instructor and I still don't know his wife but this situation has burdened me in a way that I have never experienced.  I guess it is the reality of the danger that Jeff faces everyday settling in and the danger that so many of our friends face everyday as well.  So please pray for Jeff's safety daily and the safety of all the men and women in the armed forces.  Thanks in advance.

And finally, I wanted to wish Aunt Allison a very happy birthday today!  In the Nichols household we sing the following birthday song:
Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, 
May you find Jesus near everyday of the Year, 
Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you,
May it be the best one you ever had! 


No comments: